Skip to content
GROSS Patch Notes – 25.07.2022
- Fixed several potential locations where zombies could get stuck in EXIBIT.
- Implemented a catch all fix for stuck zombies: When a zombie gets in a position from where it can’t reach the target anymore, it is teleported to the closest other zombie. If it is the last zombie alive, it gets killed unceremoniously.
- Fixed a bug where zombies didn’t take any damage at all for a while.
- Firefighter Zombies hatchets did not collide with player anymore.
- Firefighter Zombies now miss a lot less with their hatchets.
- Hatchets from Firefighter Zombies now properly attach to the players face instead of “floating” (which isn’t really the main issue when having a hatchet buried in your face, but some people are particular about this sort of thing).
- Fixed a memory leak that would occur while pausing the game.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to save or load loadouts.
- Looking through sniper scopes rendered spheres at the feet of zombies which are not supposed to be seen. (What are they for? Why are they there? You will never know!)
- Slightly reduced performance impact of ragdolls.
- Many more small bug fixes.
- Many more bugs added to give me something to do in the coming weeks. The bugs are well hidden, even I don’t know where they are yet.
- All weapons had their damage re-evaluated. Notable changes:
- Most weapons have received a damage buff to make them more inline with the more powerful guns.
- Reduced the Vampyrs recoil to make it a more viable alternative to the LDHP.50.
- Increased damage of launchers.
- Increased FMJ damage.
- Slightly reduced shotgun damage.
- Increased handgun damage. Having said that, handguns at the moment mostly serve the purpose of having a dedicated “cash pickup” gun. We might give handgun additional benefits in the future.
- All turrets had their damage re-evaluated. Notable changes:
- Nailgun is more powerful (Yay!).
- Tesla, Missile, Cannon and Flamethrower are a lot less powerful (Boo!).
- Other turrets are tweaked a little bit.
- Almost all traps are substantially cheaper.
- Reduced usage cost of the following equipment abilities:
- Decoy hologram grenade
- Sticky grenade
- Stun grenade
- Teleporter (teleport)
- Stim (heal)
- Tremor boots (double jump)
- Tremor boots now stun enemies in range for 5 seconds (before: knocked them back for 1.5 seconds).
- In later phases, some zombies are stronger. You can tell by the color of their eyes:
- Red: They deal more damage.
- Blue: They are resistant against electricity. Tesla turrets and holo explosions deal less damage. Teslas don’t slow them. Stuns are less effective.
- Yellow: They are resistant against fire and explosions and therefore take less damage from Flamethrowers, incendiary bullets and explosions in general.
- Martyr and Maniac zombies (the two types that blow up) have had their aggro range increased.
- There is now an automatic save/load system:
- Your progress while in a game is now automatically saved at the beginning of each construction and combat phase.
- If you exit the game while you’re in a level, or the game crashes, this state is loaded automatically next time you start the game.
- When you exit a level by “going home”, the progress is not saved.
- If you load a game this way, global high scores are no longer submitted.
- All turrets that deal damage now record their damage dealt. You can see exactly how much damage the dealt in the last wave as well as in total.
- Very slow moving zombies (Old Folks, Martyrs and Roadworkers) are terrified of being left behind. When there are no faster moving zombies nearby, these zombies now move at amazing speeds.
- Areas of effect for the turrets are now shown as an outline as well on the minimap, making it easier read.
- Shotgun now also supports tactical reload (if you have a bullet of your current ammo in the chamber, you can fit an extra bullet in the gun, bringing the total up to 8)
- Added coyote time to the player controller.